Monday 6 October 2008

Week 26, Bangkok, Thailand

Dear Ethel, Family and Friends,

Well, I missed the blog last week, mainly because there was not much worth writing. Louise went back to Sydney and Bathurst and now back in Coolum with Colin and Sammy. I have been looking for work without much success. Nearly all schools want you to have a university degree, in order to get a work permit and I also don’t have any work experience apart from the 3 short weeks I did during prac on the course. One recruiter told me I will always be offered the jobs no one else wants, either being the furtherest out of town of in the countryside somewhere, largest class sizes etc. Also only getting a one month visa in Thaliand when you are looking for work makes it difficult as well, as my visa runs out in about 10 days time.

Louise & I have been talking on the phone and have decided that we will keep travelling for a while, this time going on to India. We will go to Penang first to visit our friends there, then on to Kuala Lumpur and get flights to Bangalore for about $350 each. Bangalore is in the interior in the south of India and will be a good starting point. We have a lot of research to do yet. Louise has been to India many years ago and I have never been. There are a lot of danger spots in India nowadays, with Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka not to mention natural disasters, monsoons and flooding in the north. So we will probably stay down the south and west side of the country.

To fill in my time here apart from some interviews, I’ve been going to the movies a bit as it’s really cheap here about $2.50 AU ($14 at home). I’ve also been updating the youtube site and picasa web albums so don’t forget to have a look.

All the best for now

Ric & Louise

No comments: